Friday, May 29, 2009

Making Plans for India

During our morning chat on Skype this morning my Mom and I were busy making plans. Our first adventure outside of Bangalore will be a visit to the Jungle Retreat. The Jungle retreat is located in Mudumalai, India near the Nilgiris Reserve. The reserve is home to wild elephants, deer, leopard and many other wildlife. We will go on a safari organized by the Jungle Retreat. I am hoping that they stock cobra anti-venom just in case. Running into a cobra is one of my biggest fears ever! We have decided jeans, sturdy footwear and perhaps beer would be good to bring with us.

In addition to the safari there is some sort of elephant camp near the Jungle Retreat. It looks like a place to get an up-close view of an elephant for sure!

Below are a few photos from the Jungle Retreat web site. I will post my own pictures when I get back from my visit. One of the best things about this place is that the best room at the resort only costs about $68.00 per night!

The view from one of the rooms. The resort is in the mountains


The pool


Hopefully this will be our room

Elephant Camp




More Elephant Camp

Even More Elepahnt Camp


The Dining Area at the Lodge


I feel the need to re-read a couple of Hemingway books to get me in the mood for our jungle visit. I may just stop by the library today!


2 comments:

  1. "How nice," she said dripping green envy as she brushed by. Seriously, I love your site, UTube movies, beautiful projects, and think you will have a glorious time in India. We sheared 23 on 5/24.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zena Suri,
    Thanks! Hopefully you had a good shearing day. Now its time to get that fleece turned into beautiful products.

    I have been really good about skirting fleece and getting it out of here to be processed this year. All I need are boxes and my fleece will be gone! I am picking up a huge batch of roving early next week. I can't wait to see how they turned out!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete