Monday, July 27, 2009

New Yarn!


Now that I am home for at least a few days it is time to get working! I arrived home to two giant boxes of alpaca yarn that has been made for me at a great Michigan yarn mill called Stonehedge Fiber Mill. They have created beautiful sport and fingering weight 100% alpaca yarn in white, beige, fawn and black. I have ended up with a whopping 61 pounds of it! I am imaginging all of the great products that are going to be created in the very near future.
Imagine that each of these cones has about 2 pounds of yarn on it. It should keep me busy for quite a while.
In addition to finally having my own yarn processed I also had the opportunity to locate a source of silk yarn in Bangalore. Shortly before returning to the US I paid a visit to my 'silk man' and purchased a few goodies. The combination of soft alpaca and shiny silk is a great mix that I use often. My silk purchases will surely not go to waste! I am considering creating a few alpaca/silk weaving kits - If interested send me an email at mvwaling@gmail.com.


Beaded and sequined silk - I have a few ideas for this already. It won't sit in the studio for long!

A few of the colors I purchased. I was trying my best to find colors compatable with my natural colored alpaca.

A shot of all my new silk


This is a multi color single. I'll find some use for it eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment