Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October Wedding

As a designer, many fun projects have a way of finding me. Last month was no exception. While sitting at my booth at the Michigan Llamafest I encountered a nice lady who was going from booth to booth matching color swatches to yarn. A short conversation revealed she was planning her daughter's wedding, which was to be held outside, in Michigan, in October. She wanted to have shawls made for the bride and the 3 bridesmaids. Knowing that I could probably get the project done within her timeframe, I volunteered my services.

As luck would have it, I had two yarns in my studio that matched her color scheme perfectly! I had had one of the yarns around for a couple of years because I was not sure what to do with it. I am learning that eventually every yarn will find its perfect project. For my red skeins, this was it. They had found their special purpose!

One month later, I am finished with the shawls. Below are a few photos of the results!



A photo of all 4 shawls (sort of difficult to see because they kind of match my dining room)


Close-up of the bridesmaids shawls (I have learned that a paint chip is an excellent tool for matching colors)

The bride's shawl - alpaca and silk that I brought back from my India trip. It is very, very soft!


The loom being threaded for the bride's shawl




In the beginning, all shawls start out looking like this!



No comments:

Post a Comment