Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Enjoying my week off!

Recently, I found some people from my past on Facebook. They have inspired me to scan some of my old photos. I think many of my family members will enjoy the uploaded album (scroll down and look to the right to view the album from the late 60's early 70's. I have also been working really hard to link all of my internet presences together - etsy, oakgrovealpacas.com, this blog etc. So far I have succeded in adding a mini etsy store to the side of this blog!

Yesterday I dyed skeins of yarn with the leftover Easter egg dye. Below are my version of the instructions:


Dying Yarn with Easter Egg Dye

Here are the steps to Dye with Easter egg dye(I used the kind that you mix with vinegar):
1. Wet your skeins
2. I put one or 2 skeins in a rectangle pyrex dish
3. Pour the leftover dye onto the skeins. You might want to squish them around a little to distribute the dye
4. Cover the dish with plastic wrap
5. Microwave for about 6 minutes (I am not sure if this step is necessary with this type of dye but that is what I do)
6. Remove from microwave and rinse skeins until they run clear

See Yesterday's post for finished skeins.

This afternoon I will either finish warping the loom or knit a few pairs of baby booties. Decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment