Monday, April 6, 2009

Welcome to the world of Michelle!

I never seem to have a boring moment! I'm Michelle and I am the mom of 2 kids, the shepherd of 23 alpacas. In addition to being a mom and a shepherdess I am a textile designer and a student at Cleary University in Howell, Michigan. I have been meaning to get this blog up and running for a couple of months now. We are finally on spring break so I have time! Check back often! I plan to write about alpacas, spinning, knitting weaving and an upcoming trip to India. More to come on all topics soon!

In addition to creating a blog, today has involved a little Easter egg dying plus a little yarn dying with the leftover Easter egg dye.


Here are a few pictures of the day so far:



Izzy, Alicia & Annelise


Yarn dyed with the leftovers. I didn't like the original color so much!

I also have a couple of shawls in progress on my loom. I am using my favorite alpaca/silk yarn as warp and I hope to use some really pretty silk from India as the weft. More photos to come in the near future!

This yarn is a pretty blend of greens with a little white. It will look much better once I get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment